Thursday 31 May 2012

Arm Exercises

In my youth, I had a body-builder boyfriend.  He gave me a simple arm workout, and soon I had scrawny but well defined arms.  Thirty pounds and thirty years later, it's time to get those arms back. 

I have always had trouble with the backs of my arms - my tricept muscles.  The Standing Wall Pushup is an easy beginner's exercise.  I can do it, and I have a wall.  No excuses here.  You stand facing a wall, about an arms length away.  Put your arms out until your hands are flat on the surface of the wall, directly in front of you at about shoulder level.  Lean forward inhaling, bending your arms at the elbow, as if you were doing a push up.  Exhale and push back away from the wall.  It's like doing a push up without being on the ground.  You can't beat that. 

Now make a plan for how often you will be doing this every day, and how many repeats.

Remember to use the chant "I must, I must have arms like Madonna"   or maybe this will work "I must, I must be able to wear sleeveless tops".  Whatever works.

Here's a link to a Youtube exercise video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqgud0M2eTo&noredirect=1
 from Personal Trainer Ellie Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment